Equipped with only one backpack, you get to know the different facets of the Bregenzerache river when hiking throught the region for 2 days. The river flows upstream from Sulzberg to Au. Meanwhile, your luggage gets transported from one hotel to the other - a comfortable way of hiking.
The Bregenzerache is the most important river of the Bregenzerwald region. It rises above the village of Schröcken at an altitude of 2,400m and flows into Lake Constance after 80 kilometers. Partly, the river is gentle and provides attractive bathing sites. Partly, it flows through gorges and is inaccessible.
1st day: Individual arrival
2nd day: Sulzberg – Andelsbuch; walking time: approx. 6 hours; ascent: 153 m, descent: 553 m
3rd day: Andelsbuch – Au; walking time: approx. 5 1/2 hours; ascent: 307 m, descent: 130 m
4th day: After breakfast, you are taken back to your first hotel or to the Dornbirn or Bregenz station
- 3 nights on half board basis or with breakfast in selected 3- and 4-star hotels
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Arrival by car: Car park at the first hotel and transfer back to the car at the end of the tour
- Arrival by bus/train/plane: Transfer from the Dornbirn or Bregenz station to the first hotel and transfer back to the station
- Hiking maps, route description, bus schedule, GPS-Tracks and village map; Bregenzerwald
- Guest Card